Toxic algae subsides in Scooteney
Last updated 8/27/2021 at 9:07am
BASIN CITY — Recreational activities can resume on Scooteney Reservoir as a toxic algal bloom has subsided.
The reservoir was closed Aug. 13 after water tests showed a high level of toxins, the Benton-Franklin Health District said.
The water has since been tested regularly and toxins have subsided and the water is now considered safe for swimming and fishing, among other water activities, officials said.
The water is not safe to consume or drink, officials said, noting children should not put their mouths in the water or swallow the water.